The Ladysmith Kinsmen Club in conjunction with the Ladysmith Festival of Lights Committee, are accepting entries for the 2022 Festival of Lights Parade. There have been some changes for the parade and we hope that everyone will understand. We have had to limit the number of entries, for safety and logistical reasons, so we will review all entries and will be in touch with those entries. there will be a Santa Parade later on in Ladysmith, we ask all groups to not use or have a Santa theme.
Download the entry form and rules:
Line up on both sides of Methuen Street. Entries will be given a number and participants line up behind that number. Proceed along First Ave. to Bob Stuart Park and then empty floats will proceed across the highway to designated parking areas. There will be traffic control personnel to direct traffic at the end of the parade and their directions must be followed.
NUMBER OF ENTRIES IN THE PARADE WILL BE LIMITED THIS YEAR!
All applicants must include a description of the entry for the committee to review. It is a LIGHT UP parade. We DO NOT ALLOW THROWING OR HANDING OUT ANY ITEMS from any entries, and all entries MUST HAVE at least TWO ADULTS, on each side walking with their float for safety reasons. Participants MUST respect these rules. The Kinsmen parade organizers reserve the right to limit entries in the parade as well as the number of “pieces” with any entry. To make the entire evening run smoothly and on time, we are keeping the length of the parade to 40 entries. We hope everyone understands.
You can get in touch with Kin Jason Kelland at 250-618-7650 or Kin Al Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. You can also download a parade
entry above and mail it back to us.
We hope that everyone can understand the need to make these changes and we thank all.
- All entrants MUST agree to follow the rules and directions from all the Kinsmen parade personnel, police and Traffic Control personal. The organizers reserve the right to limit entries and/or the number of “pieces” with an entry in.
- All entrants MUST stay within the 20 SECOND SPACE, between floats, that is allowed by the Traffic Controllers, at the start of the parade. There CAN NOT be any interruptions, demonstrations, displays or other actions that will cause any of the entries to stop or unnecessarily slow down during the parade.
- All entrants MUST stop at Bob Stuart Park (where instructed to) and NOT BEFORE and offload ALL riders from their floats. There will be one minute for this! Floats are not to be dismantled there! All floats, after unloading riders only, must cross the Is. highway and proceed to park where instructed by Traffic Personal on Rocky Creek Rd. There is NO STOPPING OR PARKING on Rocky Creek Road between Ludlow and Oyster Bay Drive. Traffic personal will instruct floats on where to park… there are NO exceptions.
- NO ENTRANTS, whether riding or walking, may throw, handout, or in any way distribute any items including brochures, coupons, candy, flowers, etc. while in the parade line up or along the parade route
- All entrants MUST have at least one adult walker on either side of their float to help keep the crowd back. If the entry is over 40’, then there must be at least two walkers on either side of the float.
- All entrants must have lots of festive decoration and lighting in the spirit of the evening. There are to be NO strictly commercial entries. It is a LIGHT UP parade and entries have to decorate accordingly.
- Please NO live Santa Claus characters allowed. Plastic characters, etc, can be used but no live Santa except on the Festival of Lights float.
Thank you for your cooperation and patience!