Before joining, prospective members are asked to attend two meetings so they can get the feel of Kin and see if it’s something that they think they would like to be a part of. Kin looks at it’s involvement in a person’s life as…
“Your family is first then your job then your “free” time.”
We hope that as a member of our club, we can have some of that time.
Join for $20 per Year!
The membership fee to be a member of the Ladysmith Kinsmen Club is only $20.00 per year and the club pays the difference (it costs almost $250 per year per member but those costs are subsidized by the club).
Kin Canada offers our members many ways to develop both personally and professionally. Opportunities for growth are available throughout the year for members who wish to pursue them:
- National Awards Program:
- Develop public speaking skills
- Apply for awards directly related to the skills you develop in Kin
- Local, provincial and national training opportunities
- Develop leadership skills for roles such as Secretary, Treasurer, Vice President and President at all levels of the Association
- Attend workshops on grant writing, website development, fundraising tactics, and more
- Develop people skills such as volunteer management, conflict resolution and project management
- Learn Roberts Rules of Order
- Event planning and fundraising:
- Organize, co-chair or chair fundraisers and special events
- Develop skills in areas such as event planning, promotion and media relations